Wednesday, September 3, 2008

50 years of bliss!

Hooton Family (Posterity)

So my Grandparents (my mother's parents) have been married for 50 years now (officially in Nov.) and we celebrated this event Aug. 15th and 16th. My brother Ryan and his wife Jen even flew in for the occasion. At their request we dressed up in our America Samoa clothes they brought back for us from their last mission and took family pics and then we had delicious home-made Cafe' Rio along with delicious wedding/spice cake. We also did a session at the Jordan River temple the following day and ate at Chuck-A-Rama. My mother had put together a family video which took a lot more time and "experience" than she expected, but the stuff she'd put on it so far was really neat!



My grandparents made a book of their experiences of their three missions as a gift to their children and grandchildren and I'm looking forward to reading such and amazing keepsake!




I love all of my grandparents dearly. My grandma and grandpa Hooton have always held a special place in my heart because they have a "light" I look up to, follow and respect the most. They're always so loving and positive. They are constantly helping and serving others and have tried to lead and live a life that would help their
posterity have something strong and worthwhile to follow. I have always been so especially grateful for the love that they show to each other, it really is something to celebrate, being married for 50 years, but to still be so in love and HAPPILY married is an even greater thing. I only hope that I can continue to live my life as they have/would and have a relationship with my husband like they do 50 years from now and to someday see my posterity together in the temple and be proud of all that's become of my life. I sure hope I can do it! So here's to 50 years of bliss! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for everything!
--LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!





2 comments:

Leah said...

Kenna looks so cute in that little pic you have on here..the one with you three in it. Little Samoan Kenna Bug.

Miranda said...

I love the Samoan look! You did know that my daughter was adopted from American Samoa. She is full Samoan and trust me...you can tell. I was a little confused because I didn't see any brown skin.