Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I can say it now, jam IS easy to make! (Especially with two special ingredients....)


So I'm one of those people who learns alot better by DOING than just by watching, reading, hearing, etc., and so many people have told me how easy it is to make jam, but since I'd never done it I was a little afraid of trying it without totally messing it up!

I finally talked myself into it and got all of the information/supplies I needed from my Grandma who makes AWESOME jam and prepared myself to do it on my own while Mike and Kenna went to the Utah game Saturday. Good thing the MAIN ingredient(s) decided to help. My GRANDMA called me and said she couldn't let me do the jam alone, so we did it together and I'm so glad we did, thanks Grandma (and Grandpa!) =0).


So my two special ingredients--- my Grandma helping and talking me through it (builds confidence!) and my Grandpa who smashed the fruit (it would have taken us MUCH longer without him! ). Can't wait to make something else with them, good times! And now I can say it, Jam is easy to make! (And even EASIER to EAT, yum, yum!)

4 comments:

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

That looks yummy! Is the recipe a secret or will you share?! I may be adventerous someday and try it myself!

kstrack said...

Yes! You need to share the recipe!

It is so empowering to make your food! I grew up canning with my parents and haven't done much in the 9 years since I got married, but making my own tomato soup from my own tomatoes I grew was a huge confidence builder!

You go girl!

Kim and Franklin said...

Wow look at you!! I am so impressed.

tiny said...

Yum! Grandma's are great for things like that. I am glad she shares her knowledge and wisdom.