Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've Been Tagged---Me and my scary issues!! =0)

So, I've been tagged by Kate. http://jkcbamason.blogspot.com/


Here are the rules:

1. Link to the Person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
5. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


WARNING!! So I got really deep on stuff about me. So if you're not sure you like me (then why are you here, ha, ha!), you might not want to know this much, or I'll just understand if the next time I see you, you run the other direction! Those of you who do like me, are my friends already (so most won't be too surprising), or have to like me cuz you're related (sorry about that). Thanks for loving me no matter who I am and what "issues"/weaknesses I have (I'm wondering how much I like myself after this wide awakening! =0))......you are my true friends! =0)


1. I'm a recycling maniac! I will check all plastic containers and clean them if our city takes the number in the recycling triangle found at the
bottom---and anything else goes to the Davies garbage, cuz their city is awesome and takes more than just 1 & 2! Anything that is paper or cardboard and without any grease spots gets torn into 2 ft by 2 ft (or close....city regulations) or smaller and put in the recycling box! All my canned foods are rinsed and dried and then put in the recycling box. Even my little Kenna knows where the recycling is and will place things in there, such a good helper. I have a really hard time throwing something away if it can be donated or recycled....why throw something and add to a massive pile of waste that continues to fill our beautiful world if it can be REUSED?!! I've donated my hair four times now to locks of love, how about that for recycling, ha,ha! I get so bad sometimes that if I noticed someone place a plastic bottle, cardboard, etc. that could easily be placed in an eco-friendly container I will pull it out and put it in its proper place....SCARY isn't it? I have issues, that's for sure....thanks to the combination of my parents and genetics, ha, ha! I'm trying to talk Mike into adding recycling bins at his work...one person/company at a time, hee, hee!


2. I'm a very undecisive person! What's sad is the hardest things are with simple decisions, like what to get at Wendy's or something...and if someone, like my hubby orders something that sounded good to me, I have to pick something else, weird! Most projects or things I do or start working on, I can't "decide" if I like them or if they're good enough so I have to get "outside" approval or help or it just doesn't get done at all. I don't know if I like this blog, I don't know if I like this post, etc....what do you think? SO UNDECISIVE!!!!
I guess I'm considered a PLEASER at times, I'd rather make sure whatever I do or what's done, "pleases" or is "pleasing" to everyone else. Sometimes it's comes back to bite me though... STORYTIME with pics on that to come LATER!!



3. I'm a "collector"! You could probably even say Pack Rat, ugh, sounds awful. I have a hard time "giving" things away (I know sounds weird since I brought up my recycling issues). I feel like whatever I have that hasn't been used in years could still possibly be used for something else....soon. Some days I go crazy and just want to get rid of stuff, but I want to try and sell it first because instead of it being just a thing I picture it as the amount of $$$ that I spent on it and so I want to try and get something back from it before it just goes away...I'm thinking that's from my dad. The "collector" part comes from both my parents though. My mom loves to buy things that go to something she has a hobby for (tea parties, Halloween, antiques etc.) so for me I buy/collect Scrapbooking stuff, Children's books, DVD's and I'm always taking pictures (that's considered collecting, right?)...I use most, but not often enough. Mike's always telling me of all the money we would have if I didn't spend so much on those items. =0) My dad's very similar with me on my recycling thing, his big on re-using as much as possible or sending stuff to a place where it can be re-used. He "collects" items that could be used that someone else didn't want (he runs a couple of storage units so he's always finding "treasures" and then when we ask where did you get them his reply is always "Where do all good things come from?"...the answer, a storage unit). I haven't gone that far into keeping stuff that I found from somewhere else, I just

have a hard time getting rid of stuff we already have, but that just sits in a box waiting to be used...someday.. Sometimes dad will give us things he's found that he thinks we'd like, like our entertainment center ( in a drawer we found the BOM and a pot pipe next to it while cleaning it, yup that's the good stuff =0)), and I do every now and then find food that's expired, but still try to see if it's still good and eat it...ha,ha, that's totally my dad too! OH, DEAR. I have to use my parents for my crazy reasoning...to justify why I am the way I am and boy I've got problems!!(thanks, mom and dad =0)).

....I'm not liking this "tag" thing anymore, I'm getting too deep on these "random" things it's not just RANDOM, it's serious personality traits and it's depressing!



4. I don't like being "Alone", such a people-person! Many of you
would love to have time to yourself, take the kids to someone else and get some good shopping in, or whatever. But for me, I'd rather take the kids! I hate doing stuff by myself, I need to have someone to talk to or be with, I guess being with just myself is too scary! So usually I wait for Mike to be around and we all go together (he's such a trooper when it comes to shopping!) and then it's easier to make decisions if he's there (my undecisiveness) so I don't feel guilty on what I'm spending our money on cuz he was with me and agreed. =0) I really enjoy getting "out"! If there's some type of get together with friends or family or something happening in the community, I want to be there and be part of it! I'm just a little bit of a "Social Butterfly" or just need to feel "part" of everything, or something I guess.




5. I'm loud and enjoy being in the spotlight (most of the time). Ever since I was little my brother Ry would make fun of my laugh, I have a million different kinds of laughs, but many times it turns into this big loud burst...kind of like the laugh on Mary Poppins..."some only blast, HAAAAA!" Yup, you've probably heard it, no surprise. I don't mean to be loud, it's just me, maybe my vocal cords were created differently so everything just comes out a bit louder. My mom is a very quiet person and my dad is a very loud obnoxious person...so we know where my personality comes from again! My mom is constantly embarrassed by me and other members of the family when we're doing something that is creating a "scene" she blames it on the Jacobson gene. Probably because it's not in her comfort zone (or genetics=0))...she's opposite so the way my dad, my brother or myself, etc. acts is something she would NEVER do which makes it embarrassing---we can be pretty embarrassing company to be with sometimes though, Crazy Jacobsons! =0) I guess in our mindset, we don't "care" what people think about us, especially if we don't know them, (it's not like they're going to remember us) and if you're happy and enjoying yourself, why stop?! You're probably wondering what "experiences" I'm talking about...really we're not that bad...especially in public, we wait for the opportunities that are "kosher", like when I'm invited to do a dance competition at the Scrap Book Expo, I can't dance, but HECK YA I'll be part of that (by the way I've won some prizes for it, thank you very much! =0)) I've always enjoyed being the entertainer or the jokester, even if the laugh is on me because I'm a dork or just easy to tease, but I don't mind mostly, I enjoy seeing other people enjoying themselves or being entertained. I used to be in musical productions, and really enjoyed that spotlight, infact I'd like to get back into it someday!


6. Okay, last one. Wow I'm impressed/surprised if you've gotten
this far!! This will be more "random", you deserve it since the rest have been so LONG and deep (can you tell I'm a talker too?! =0)), but then again, maybe it's not so random and I apologize, it must be the mood I'm in or something, sharing my soul like this.... It's probably gross for some of you (actually now that I've read this over, it sounds really gross, what is wrong with me and why am I sharing this for all to read?!! LOL) but I've a couple of times made it a week before I've washed my hair. Why on earth am I sharing this info...I have no clue, but maybe cuz I washed Kenna's hair twice yesterday....Now don't go thinking I'm a walking, greasy stink bomb...I still shower, just not my hair. But I'll admit, I've gone all granolaee and haven't showered for a week before too... (like can count them on one hand in my entire life and mainly all were due to lack of "shower", ex. camping) so I don't know how anyone can do that on a regular basis and live with themselves!! So should I try to explain or atleast try to "justify" =0). So usually I don't sweat hardly at all and I have really DRY skin and thick hair so it's not a good thing for me to shower daily. My hair is so thick that if I don't dry it with a blowdryer it stays wet ALL day long!! So I'm coming out...I'm not an every day/every other day person I'm more so an every other, other day =0) and can I just add how awesome it is to have showers, cuz when I tak'em I'm in there as long as there is hot water and I like it extremely HOT. I'm sure this information was extremely important for you to know and me to share...I'll be looking for new friends now most likely, but thanks for the friendship while it lasted (LOL)!


**So there you have it...me and my scary issues! (Thanks a lot Kate! =0)) By the way if I tag you, you seriously don't have to share like I have, check out Kates (the link above), she's got some great ones and they are more "random" and great. Kind of funny though cuz I'm a very spontaneous/random person and yet nothing I wrote was that! Hope you feel better about yourself after reading this, ha, ha!!!!!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Yes, Sissa...we love you even when and because you are you. I did know all of these habits of yours already, by the way, and I still like you. You should give yourself a little more credit here. Yeah...you are those things you listed, but you are also fun to be with, have a great sense of humor, tender hearted and love the Lord and His gospel. We all have our "scary issues", don't we? I think what it comes down to is using your strengths to help someone else improve their "issues" and then in return, letting someone else help us! It's all good karma... and much like recycling!

MandaJ said...

You are so cute. Reading through this made me feel like we were chatting on that plaid couch in appt. # 111.

kstrack said...

I am glad to know someone else is as crazy about recycling as I am! :)

I am apparently so bad that Kiri's teacher was looking for some paper I threw away and he checked the recycle bin first! He said anyone else would have thrown it out but I knew you would have recycled it! And I have only known him the few weeks we have been in school! :D

We love you!

Mason Family said...

Melissa, You aer hilarious! It's like being back in HS. he he he. :) I tagged only af ew people- all of my other friends had already been tagged- so- however many u want is cool! :)