Friday, September 12, 2008

Jam Packed Birthday Fun!


My birthday always hits around Labor Day weekend which I've found to be great because Swiss Days in Midway always runs during that time! I love the food, the entertainment and especially the SHOPPING!! There are always a TON of booths to look
at and NEVER enough $$$$!! Unfortunately (for me), we were only able to spend a few hours there this time around, a big family reunion with the Stevens Clan was scheduled on my B-day as well. But I think Mike thought it was fortunate because with just that little bit of time and only walking down three aisles of booths I had already spent my $$$ and then some! =0) Gotta love the Swiss!

The Stevens Reunion was really nice, Mike's parents did a tribute to Grandma Nola who I've heard so much about. She sounds like an amazing woman and I wish I could have known her before she passed away. She has created an amazing posterity and it was neat to pay tribute to her, to visit and catch up with everyone in the family, which is something she would have wanted. We watched a neat video that included pics of her and her kids and Grandpa Stevens. We had delicious food, watched the UTAH game and participated in some other fun activities. Makenna LOVED being able to ride Sunny, the horse, thanks Tait family! Luckily she wasn't the next kid in line, Sunny wasn't ready and fell, the poor guy riding him wasn't too sure about horses in the first place, so I'm thinking he won't be in a hurry to try riding again!

















That evening instead of cake I was craving PIE so we got some yummy Marie Calendars and shared them with our good friends the Davies. It was one of those spontaneous things again that I think the Davies are getting used to with me, atleast it was coming over with pie instead of a 7 a.m. phone call--ha, ha, thanks guys! THE PIES were DELICIOUS, I had some of both, hey it's my birthday! =0) Kenna enjoyed it too! Thanks to all who made it so special!



















On Sunday, my birthday request was that Kenna wear her Levi dress and one of her darling hats that I bought for her with my b-day money. She was truely giving considering the dress did not "SPIN" (twirl) at all and the hat covers her "Princess-Rella" hair! Oh my gosh, who have I created?!!!! So thanks Kenna I know it was a sacrifice, but you still looked like a princess to me!!


5 comments:

tiny said...

What an awesome birthday! How do you know the Troy Tait? They used to be in our ward. It's a small world.

Mason Family said...

Hey Melissa, You are so cute! Happy Birthday! :) I'm tagging you. Go to my blog to check it out.

kstrack said...

What fun! I wish I had a cool festival to go play at by my birthday! I love little girls in denim dresses and beanies! too cute!

Leah said...

Glad you had a good bday! Fun to have a tradition like Swiss Days for your bday...I just have lame old Vegas for mine..haha... This year's bday plans will be a little different though for me ....attending the Twilight movie (uuuuhhhmmmm :) and the Coldplay concert with Ray. When everyone finally STOPS having babies...or at least takes a break from them...we should do a Vegas Extravaganza trip.

Jer and Jules said...

Happy Birthday late, it looks like you did a lot to celebrate. Those pies look yummy and now I'm craving meringue, dang you!
McKenna looks so stinkin cute in that outfit, and I love that she thinks she has Cinderella hair, that's so adorable.